Thursday, 4 July 2013

60 Glorious Years...

Today is my mother and father-in-law's Diamond Wedding Anniversary.  Sadly she doesn't know anything about it I'm afraid but we still have to mark it and on Sunday we are going round with a Victoria sponge to have a little party.  I made them this card...
There was a woeful lack of charts for Diamond Weddings, probably because they are so rare?  This one a unearthed from my very old Jo Verso book, wow that book looks so basic and old fashioned now.  I stitched clear beads on it to look like diamonds, I'm not very happy with it but there you go.
They also got a telegram from the Queen!  They don't come automatically like on your 100th birthday, we had to apply for it on line, but Dave's Dad is absolutely thrilled with it.
Also a bit of news from myself.  I've been promoted at work to Team Leader and here's the badge to prove it !

No comments: