This has actually been hanging on my living room wall for quite a few weeks now, I just haven't got around to posting about it yet. It is another of Nora Corbett's designs, Rose and I have replaced Magnolia with it for the time being.
I framed her myself and I usually have trouble getting the picture central but I think I nailed it with this one.
I have decided to cut down on the cards I cross stitch for people's birthdays etc. It all stems from my two step-daughters forgetting my birthday. Nothing, not even a card from either of them. It really hurt me. I go to a lot of trouble when it comes to their birthdays, a stitched card, a carefully chosen present and I usually bake them a cake or a batch of cupcakes or muffins. When it was obvious that nothing was forthcoming from them I decided that birthdays obviously aren't as important to other people as they are to me so I've decided to pare down the effort I put into other peoples. Having thought about it, I'm pretty sure that some people throw their cards away and I usually spend 3 - 4 days stitching them and it feels like a waste. I would rather they returned them to me and I could recycle them. So, from now on, only a select few will receive a stitched card from yours truly. Am I a bitch?
Saturday, 2 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Hi,
no you are not been a b****!!!! Some people do take in consideration the time us stitchers take to do our cross stitch designs!!!!
No you are not.Its totally understandable.
Totally understand what you mean about the cards. I have every one that someone took the trouble to make me. But then, I'm a stitcher so I appreciate someone putting effort into something for me. Sorry to hear some people haven't been appreciative.
Post a Comment