Friday, 6 July 2012

Well Done Andy...

Wow!  I'm knackered!  I've just watched the Murray and Tsonga match and I actually cried at the end when Andy won.  First British man for 74 years in the Wimbledon final, can you believe that?  I wish him all the luck for Sunday - I will be there, on the sofa with my strawberries and cream, willing him on.  It's just a pity that he's got all the personality of a footballer!
On the subject of Wimbledon,  I didn't see the lady knitting in the crowd, just heard the debates about it afterwards.  I think it's fantastic.  The only people who can't understand how someone could possibly watch an exciting tennis match and knit at the same time are men and boring women (i.e. those who don't make anything!)  I knitted all the way through the Murray/Tsonga semi-final and didn't drop a stitch and didn't miss a point!  Talking of Tsonga, did anyone see the beautiful photo of him in the Daily Mail today?  Here it is for those who missed it..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great match, wasn't it. Enjoy your strawberries and cream on Sunday!!! Good for that lady to be knitting - maybe more people will admit to knitting, crocheting and cross-stitching now!