Thursday, 22 September 2011

Long Time No Blog...

I'm still here, sort of. Feel like I'm walking around in a dream at the moment and I'm going to wake up any second, but I don't. I don't know what's the matter with me lately. I've had two weeks holiday from work and I'm starting to think that's the problem - do I need to go back to work? Surely not! Anyway, I've been doing a lot of finishing while I've been at home and here are the results.I stitched this last year and it was a cow to do. Black linen and the chart wasn't the best to follow. That's probably why I stuffed it to the bottom of my stitching bag when it was done and forgot about it. It was always my intention to make it into a cushion and last week I actually did it! It looks really good for a beginner!
This little fella was the cross stitch equivalent of that furry, grey sweet you find in the corner of your handbag. I made this in 2006, yes, 2006! I found it whilst ferreting for the witch and remembered how much I'd spent buying the materials for it and decided I'd better do something with it. Now this, I'm really pleased with, I think it's really pretty. It hasn't found it's permanent home yet, it's dangled from every sticky-out thing in my living room and not yet settled down, well, you know what bees are like!
Last but now least is another project from last year. It was going to be a card for Dave for Halloween but I changed my mind, stuffed it into the deepest, darkest corner of my stitching bag and forgot all about it. I've seen the ruched ribbon on so many finished pieces on blogs and I wanted that effect. Didn't get it - but that's what I wanted.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely finishes, the witch is amazing, well done.

I like the orange ribbon edge on the ornament, its fab!

Heather said...

I agree with Julie, lovely finishes. Well done.