I also had a visit yesterday morning from my dear friend Sharon and her husband, Alan. Now, Alan doesn't eat cake, unless he's at my house that is. He keep threatening to leave Sharon for me as she doesn't bake! So I made him coffee and walnut cupcakes. He took some home with him, of course!
Dave wasn't working yesterday so when visits and birthdays were over he took me into town shopping. We had lunch in a pub and he bought me Jilly Cooper's new paperback, Jump and ... a new bottle of Coco Chanel, my "signature" fragrance. Very extravagant! "Why did you buy me that", I asked. "Because you've been through a bad time lately and you've done really well getting yourself out of it, you deserved a treat!" Bless him!
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Emma's Birthday...
Yesterday was my step-daughter, Emma's birthday. She's been having a rough time of it recently. She's in the process of splitting up with her husband and is looking for a new home for herself and her two little children. It is NOT an amicable split and it is deeply affecting the whole family. We just can't wait until all three of them are out of that house and then we feel we can relax a little. We bought her a new digital camera and I made her this fun card.
I also, at her request, baked her some carrot cup cakes with cream cheese frosting. I bought the little edible carrots from E-bay, I didn't make them myself! These are gorgeous cakes and the recipe can be found here if you fancy giving them a go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Those cakes looks so delicious, no wonder no one can resist them
What a nice man your hubby is to treat you to a little gift, my hubby does the same to me sometimes
Post a Comment