I'm not one of the beige, mocha, hint of buff, magnolia, hint of cream brigade that everyone seems to be these days. Everyone's house looks the SAME! I've nothing against it per say, but everyone seems to be frightened of colour. The only colour anyone has in their houses seems to be the ubiquitous brown leather sofa (I do have one of these but MY lounge is going to be BLUE, with big blue Laura Ashley flowers on the feature wall!!) So, when I saw a kitchen in a magazine with beautiful pink walls I just had to have it. We bought the paint specified, a lovely soft raspberry and Dave got to work. It looked NOTHING like the picture in the magazine, the pink was much more, well, pink and he nearly gave up after one wall because he thought it looked horrendous. But, after bravely carrying on, we absolutely love the result. Your home should be the place where you have things you like not where you do what fashion tells you to do. My name is Julie and I LOVE COLOUR!!








No comments:
Post a Comment